Sunday, November 22, 2009

His father's son

Yesterday Isaac uttered his first sentence. Although he's been rapidly adding new words to his vocabulary since he started talking a few months back and he's been putting two signs together (usually "more" and "please" at his mother's urging) for a while now, he had never before put two words together in verbal form until Saturday morning at breakfast. We were having french toast and bacon, and everyone had had one round of bacon and there was one piece left. Amelia asked for more and we started to give it to her when Isaac became alarmed and yelled out, "More bacon!!" We all had to laugh because this boy is truly his bacon-loving father's son. And yes, we did split the last piece with him.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Go, Isaac! I had to laugh too -- he is definitely his father's son: I remember when we went to Shoney's for brunch years ago. Four- or five-year-old Luke was helping his own plate. I checked on him, and he had filled his entire plate with nothing but bacon!