Right before school started, we went back to the beach for one more glorious week. The beach is just such a great, relaxing vacation for all of us. Now that the kids are older, they can mostly entertain themselves in the sand and surf, and we can soak up the sun and even squeeze in a few pages of our books.
This trip, we stayed (for free!) at my aunt and uncle's beach house, and Luke's mom, sister and stepdad rented a beachfront house just a few minutes drive away. So, we had our quiet, three-bedroom house to retreat to at naptime and bedtime, but we had the company and assistance of extended family during the day. It was lovely!
![]() |
| Grammie and Aunt Christy brave the surf with I and A |
![]() |
| A and I discovered boogie boarding this trip, although I wouldn't say their methods were conventional. |
![]() |
| Jumping in the sand |
![]() |
| Bathing beauty -- Amelia was so happy all week. |
![]() |
| A father-son moment |
![]() |
| Posing with the mermaid sand sculpture |
![]() |
| Our sunshine girl |
![]() |
| The whole crew out to eat |
![]() |
| I am reading a book! |
![]() |
| Special time with Grammie |
![]() |
| The relaxed parents |
![]() |
| Serious Leapster time |
![]() |
| Flying kites |














2 comments:
Gorgeous photos! It looks like a wonderful trip.
Amelia looks so grown up with her bangs! She and Isaac look so happy to be at the beach. My boys saw these pictures and were like, "Hey, I remember them!"
Post a Comment