Even though this is technically our third year as parents on Halloween, it felt like our first in many ways. This was the first year that Amelia could anticipate the holiday and get excited about dressing up in costume and knocking on doors to get treats. Trick-or-treating was a little intimidating at first (tall, strange man opens door and sticks a bowl of candy in your face), but Amelia quickly got into the swing of things ("Amelia knock on the door and say trick-or-treat again?") However, she was NOT a fan of the decked-out pirate-themed house in our neighborhood (Luke and I had to take turns checking out all the cool animatronics -- this guy is going to be on TLC someday, seriously!) and she was really not a fan of the kid who ran by us wearing a Scream mask. Several discussions later about how it was just a kid wearing a mask, I think she was convinced that Halloween was pretty fun after all. I think eating her first piece of candy helped, too. I'm sure Isaac wished his first Halloween had been spent more like his sister's first Halloween: put on costume, take picture, nurse, go to bed. The little guy was a good sport about being dragged around the neighborhood though. And was he not the perfect little koala?
Enjoy the video below of the world's cutest animal wrestling...
Untitled from Susannah Hunter on Vimeo.
1 comment:
I love these pictures! These costumes look so much like those you and Sam had one year when you were a black and white cat and Sam a little grey mouse.
The jack o'lanterns are just great and the video is wonderful. When overtaken by election anxiety I just watch that video again.
Love you all,
Mom
Post a Comment