Doesn't this sound like a great time to introduce new beds into the mix??
Most of Amelia's friends have been out of their cribs and into twin or toddler beds for months now, but we've been waiting. Because Amelia was only 21 months and had never attempted a crib escape when Isaac was born, we decided to keep her where she was and get Isaac his own mini crib. Nine months later, she still seemed happy enough in her crib. My initial thought was to wait until things settled down again with her nighttime sleeping before introducing a new bed, but, more than a month later and no signs of improvement, I wasn't sure when that was going to happen. So, we bit the bullet on Sunday, figuring the nighttime sleep really couldn't get much worse. Isaac is now in Amelia's old crib, and Amelia is in her big girl bed -- a converted version of Isaac's mini crib!
A few nights into it, both kids are sleeping no worse than before (maybe better?), and Amelia is really excited about being able to climb in and out of her own bed. Next step: buy new bedding for Amelia. Right now she's using a 20-something-year-old comforter set that I used as a kid! Do you recognize it, Mom?
2 comments:
I sure do! She looks so proud and like such a big girl!
I'm a proud grandma.
Yay! We just made the switch this week too - I thought for sure Luke was the last one still sleeping in his crib! We are totally in the same boat - remember how we used to talk so much about our babies sleeping habits? Luke is still a pretty awful sleeper, up anywhere from 1-5 times/night, and needs us to resettle him. And we haven't noticed a difference better or worse since getting the new bed. I think unfortunately our families lucked out with bad sleepers. Evelyn is threatening to follow Isaac's footsteps... how exhausting. :)
Post a Comment