
We got a new advent calendar this year, and I love it! I wanted to steer away from one-use calendars and ones that had spots for chocolate or other treats for each day and instead focus on the real meaning of Advent. This one has a little cardboard book for each day of December up through Christmas Eve and tells the Christmas story little by little from the point of view of Mary & Joseph, the Wise Men and the shepherds. The kids loved looking for the right number each morning and hearing the story and looking at the pictures -- and I think I even re-learned a few facts about the Christmas story. After you've read each day's book, you can hang it on your Christmas tree. I bought an artificial tabletop tree to go next to the calendar and it turned out great. The best part is that the calendar is sturdy enough that I can imagine us getting it out for many, many years to come. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment