I've always loved getting personal mail. E-mail is great, but real mail is better. As a kid, I loved writing letters to friends from sleep-away camp, and I have a whole box full of letters from friends in college. E-mail was just getting popular my freshman year, so I wonder if we were one of the last years to still fill our friends' campus boxes with long letters written in lecture halls.
I'm sure it won't be long before 4-year-olds have their own laptops and kids don't even know what to do with a pencil, but right now Amelia loves writing and receiving letters, too. She has even kept up a semi-regular correspondence with her old best friend from Alexandria. At first, the kids were dictating and coloring and the moms were doing all the writing, but now the girls are doing all the writing themselves. I love it.
(Translation: Dear JJ, I did get money. Did you lose any of your teeth? Please write back to me. Love, Amelia)
2 comments:
that is so freaking cute
That is SO adorable (and I'm glad you provided the translation!) :) I had a ton of pen pals when I was younger too -- and I still love getting real mail! Too bad my mailbox is more likely to be filled with bills and ads these days! ;)
Post a Comment