Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Good Nap

It's amazing what a good nap can do for you... and I'm not talking about me doing the napping. For those of you with naturally good sleeping kids, you might not be able to relate, but Isaac actually took TWO long naps yesterday and I felt like a totally new woman -- energetic, in a fabulous mood, feeling in control of my life, not desperately longing for a 6 o'clock glass of wine (although I had one anyway). Like Amelia at his age, Isaac has been fond of the 30-minute "naplet," as some reading expert calls it. If the mini-naps only needed to happen two or three times a day and if Isaac actually seemed happy in between the naps, that would be one thing, but Isaac needed five or six (!) just to make it through the day. You can imagine how this has put a damper on Amelia's busy social life! Anyway, yesterday I had to wake my child after an hour and a half of morning napping because we needed to be somewhere and then he proceeded to sleep for nearly three hours in the afternoon. He might have slept longer in the afternoon if I hadn't needed to check on him to make sure he was still breathing!

As all parents know, you can't rush to label something a "trend" until it's happened at least three times. This morning Isaac slept for nearly two hours but was back to his usual naplets in the afternoon. Fingers crossed that we'll have a morning trend tomorrow...



No comments: