Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cheese!

Amelia has taken to saying this whenever we pass a "Christmas House" (aka, a house decorated with lights or Christmas decorations or with a visible Christmas tree inside). It's part of the game we play as we drive home from anywhere in the late afternoon or early evening when it is already dark (this game is seriously the one and only blessing of wintertime early darkness). I yell out "your side!" or "Isaac's side!" to let her know where to look for the next lit-up house, and then she yells, "Cheese!" as we drive by. No idea where the "Cheese!" came from, but it's pretty adorable. Although I've always loved preparing for Christmas, it has been especially fun this year now that Amelia is excited, too.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

So sweet. We miss you guys. Life here is crazy but the house is starting to come together. Both kids are in one room and that has gone better than expected. I'll try to call soon...

Amy said...

Maybe she's saying Trees??? I hope you have a great Christmas! We will be thinking about you all.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Could it be that she is taking some form of a picture in her mind of it? Maybe saying "cheese" as she snaps the shot? So cute! I makes me want to go for a light-seeing drive tonight :)

Melissa Walker said...

Yes, a totally sensical call for a snapshot of the Christmas House! I love Amelia's mind!