We made it back from North Carolina right in time for a certifiable (by Virginia standards at least) snowstorm. Depending on who you ask, we got somewhere between 6 and 8 inches from Sunday night to Monday early afternoon, and Luke worked from home on Monday. Although Luke still needed to do work at home, it was nice having him there because it meant that I could take Amelia out in the snow without leaving Isaac indoors unsupervised. During his morning nap, Amelia and I ventured out. The snow was so deep that Amelia fell down a lot and the wind meant lots of snow in the face, but she really loved being inside her outdoor playhouse where she got a front-row view of the snow but didn't actually have to be out there in it. She also thought it was really funny to see her slide and "roller coaster" totally covered in snow. But after about 20 minutes, she had had enough of the cold (the poor girl has to wear rain boots after all!) and enjoyed her post-snow routine of a warm bath and hot chocolate.
Follow along with Amelia and Isaac as they jump on beds, bump their heads, take trips to the doctor, and drive their mama (and daddy) crazy... but in a good way. Usually.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Blizzard of '09
We made it back from North Carolina right in time for a certifiable (by Virginia standards at least) snowstorm. Depending on who you ask, we got somewhere between 6 and 8 inches from Sunday night to Monday early afternoon, and Luke worked from home on Monday. Although Luke still needed to do work at home, it was nice having him there because it meant that I could take Amelia out in the snow without leaving Isaac indoors unsupervised. During his morning nap, Amelia and I ventured out. The snow was so deep that Amelia fell down a lot and the wind meant lots of snow in the face, but she really loved being inside her outdoor playhouse where she got a front-row view of the snow but didn't actually have to be out there in it. She also thought it was really funny to see her slide and "roller coaster" totally covered in snow. But after about 20 minutes, she had had enough of the cold (the poor girl has to wear rain boots after all!) and enjoyed her post-snow routine of a warm bath and hot chocolate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I voted "don't like it" on your new background, but I actually sort of like it. I just thought the layout you had before was just great ... the new parts are a little distracting. (Sorry for being "sort of" negative!)
I love the videos. Amelia is so wonderful at expressing her feelings (laughing, joking, whining, squealing, yelling) and I've never seen a little one who expresses such a sense of delight and wonder --at every turn.
The videos are good medicine for faraway grandparents.
Thank you.
Post a Comment