Isaac was a much later talker than his sister, but he has really taken off in the last 6 months. I don't think he had more than a handful of words at 18 months, and now he says just about everything! His favorite topics of conversation include trucks, buses, airplanes, and helicopters and any sounds he hears ("Bird sound!" "Airplane sound!" "Firetruck sound!"). He's still working on building sentences of more than two words, but here is a small collection of Isaac's most common expressions right now, at age 23 months and 3 weeks:
"Doing, Mommy? Doing, Mommy?" (translation: What are you doing, Mommy? And what are you doing NOW, Mommy? And how about now? I love that whatever you tell him, he always repeats back to you in a very satisfied way. Me: "Just loading the dishwasher." (Pause) Isaac: "Yust yoading the dishwasher.")
"Yike it!" (translation: I don't like this piece of food, and I would like you to take it out of my view immediately.)
"Me, Mommy! Me, Mommy!" (translation: Look at me, Mommy! I am doing something that I think is very impressive, like standing on a stool without holding on or putting my sunglasses on my thigh instead of my eyes. And I will keep saying this until you acknowledge me and my utter greatness.)
"Sissy go?" (translation: Where is my sister? She is my very best friend and I would always rather be with her, even if I have a lot of trouble sharing and often take out my frustrations on her.)
1 comment:
Two words: HEEE LARIOUS!
Post a Comment