Apologies to any non-parents reading this: this is yet another post about the bodily functions of a toddler. Who knew this would be the most compelling thing going on in my life in 2009!?
Today's big news is that Amelia pooped in the potty this morning all by herself! I've decided the key is keeping her naked from the waist down when I know she needs to go. Although she doesn't mind pooping in her underpants or a diaper, it doesn't seem to occur to her to go on the floor (Danielle, don't let Max give her any ideas!). Here's what happened: This morning, when I could tell she was trying to disappear off somewhere to poop, I took off her underwear and sat her on the potty. As usual, she said she didn't need to go and wanted to get down. I took her down but left the underwear off. She kept asking to have them back on, but I explained that this way she could go right to the potty if she needed to. She wasn't 100% happy about this plan (maybe something to do with the 14 degree temperature outside today), but she relented. A few minutes later, I took Isaac downstairs for his nap, and when I returned, I heard: "Mommy, I made poop!" I was nervous to see exactly where she had made poop, but sure enough, it was right there in her potty. Who knows when it will happen again, but it felt like a major milestone today. And now I know why everyone says to potty train in the summer!
1 comment:
Way to go, Amelia!
Post a Comment