Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow!


After being a little jealous of all our North Carolina friends and family last week when they got their first snow of the year, we were excited to see the DC area's first snow yesterday! We only got a couple of inches, but it was enough to play in and to make everything look pretty and white. Amelia loved it for the first 10 minutes or so (marching around the deck, kicking the snow, making snowballs, throwing it at Mom, etc.), but then she decided to take off her gloves. After playing in the snow with her bare hands for a minute or two, the cold suddenly overwhelmed her and she was ready to come in and warm up in a middle-of-the-day bath, which was a treat in itself. Isaac was napping during all of this, so he and I never even made it outside!






Right now we're getting freezing rain/drizzle, which likely will turn to just plain old rain in the next hour or so, so I think that was it for this snow. I'm hoping for at least one more snow event this winter -- preferably on a day when Luke is home, too -- so the whole family can do some sledding and make snowmen!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Amelia, I'm glad you had fun in the snow yesterday! Your knit cap looks a lot like Aunt Christy's cap from France!
Love,
Grammie

Danielle said...

Oh! It looks so beautiful there and Amelia looks like such a big girl! I'm glad that you guys had fun. The warm weather here is starting to feel like some insidious sign of drought and global warming...