Way back at the end of August, the kids and I took a trip down to North Carolina without Luke. We'd been down there on our own before and there are plenty of grandparents and an aunt and uncle to help me out when things get crazy, but this was the first time I did the drive on my own with the kids. After much worrying and obsessive planning (including having Amelia "practice" getting toys and books out of the middle bin by herself and replacing them or handing them over to Isaac), the trip went off without a major hitch. (Minor hitch: The library-borrowed Curious George DVD I had gotten for the last hour of the trip froze after 15 minutes and would not skip ahead to another episode, so the kids watched the beginning of the first episode three times in a row on our trip down. They really didn't seem to mind. Amelia would just yell, "It paused again," and I would wave the remote around until it restarted.) All in all, we ended up making great time down and back and didn't even stop for a bathroom break!
And of course, it was wonderful to see Grandma & Granddaddy, Grammie & Grandpa Mike, Uncle Sam, Aunt Christy, Cousin Elizabeth (now at UNC -- yay!), and several good friends, including Erin and almost-two-year-old Oscar (wish we had gotten a good pictures of the kids together!) and Corrie and brand-new baby Zach, who has the cutest-ever baby cleft chin!
No comments:
Post a Comment